Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hodgepodge

Hello, I thought I'd share a few things I've worked on this past week and just didn't get around to posting. The card was made for a swap I took part in at a team meeting. I think Bella Bleu DSP is going to be one of my new favorites, I just love the color and design.

The votives below I used for practicing glass etching. I couldn't believe how easy this was. I created stencils using the big shot, vinyl, and the butterfly and daisies dies. I just picked up a bottle of glass etching from a craft store, brushed it on after applying the stencil, waited a few minutes, washed off the glass etching cream and there you have it. That simple! I wanted to see how they'd look with a looking color added to them, so i used crystal effects and micro beads. I think they turned out pretty cute. I'm sure you'll see more projects in the future from me using this technique. :o)
Today I have spent most of the day cleaning up my stamp room. Boy, was it a disaster, I was having trouble finding things, so it needed a good cleaning. I finally put up the Create from decor elements. I think I've had this for a year now and never got around to putting it up. I need to put more of these up, they look pretty cool. Oh, and there's my cute little kitty (Carmela) in the picture, she loves laying across my work table. :o)

2 comments:

Tippietoes said...

That is funny you working on your craft room... I am doing the same! I loved your swap card! :)

Talk to you soon!

grammie jackie said...

I NEED to clean my space! I get out there and start but find something to work on and..... Anyway,Sharlene, I love your glass etching. Great project. I can't wait to try it.